A super easy breakfast that’s a tasty alternative to the traditional cereal, avocado on toast is a great treat.
What’s great about this basic recipe is that you can always add your own variations to it. The most important ingredient is the avocado, and it must be ripe or it won’t mash and spread properly!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Half a lemon
- Nori flakes or Irish sea salt
- 2 slices of bread of your choosing
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the avocado flesh. Place into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and a sprinkling of nori flakes to taste and mash together with a fork. Keep the texture slightly chunky.
- Pop your slices of bread into a toaster, and when they’re ready divide the avocado mix onto the slices and spread.
- Drizzle some extra-virgin olive onto the top and enjoy!
Note: If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, you can add chili flakes to the avocado mix , switch the lemon for a lime or even add a fried egg on top.