The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has reported that eight Closure Orders and one Prohibition Order were served on food businesses last month for breaches of food safety legislation.
Two Closure Orders were served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Shanghai House, 13 Upper Cork Street, Mitchelstown, Cork
- Mr Wong, 81 Main Street, Cavan
Six Closure Orders were served under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:
- D Limit African & European Restaurant, 61A Ballybough Road, Dublin 3
- Posh Nosh, 1 Millstream, Moorehall, Ardee, Louth (Two Closure Orders were served on Posh Nosh in June)
- “Fish & Chips” catering trailer, Main Street, Roundfort, Hollymount, Mayo
- Pearl River, 62 Phibsborough Road, Phibsborough, Dublin 7
- Hotel Curracloe (activity closed: all food preparation and service activities in and from the kitchen and ancillary areas), Curracloe, Enniscorthy, Wexford
One Prohibition Order was served under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:
- Cumiskey’s, 463 Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7
During the month of June, a successful prosecution was carried out by the Health Service Executive against Bimdoc Cash and Carry, Business Centre, Jamestown Business Park, Jamestown Road, Finglas, Dublin 11.
The Orders were issued by environmental health officers in the Health Service Executive.