Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Simon Coveney has announced the appointment of seven new members to the Board of Bord Bia.
The newly appointed will be on three year terms and are: Rachel Doyle, Rhona Holland, Tony Keohane, Tom Moran, Raymond O’Rourke, Brody Sweeney and Patrick Whelan.
- Rachel Doyle is the MD of the Arboretum Garden Centre
- Rhona Holland is the Global Marketing Director of Pepsi Co.
- Tony Keohane is the Chairman Tesco Ireland
- Tom Moran is the former General Secretary at the Department of Agriculture
- Raymond O’Rourke is a food and consumer lawyer
- Brody Sweeney founded O’Brien’s Sandwich bars
- Patrick Whelan founded Whelan’s Butchers
“An Bord Bia is a valuable conduit to global markets for the Irish food sector”, said the Minister.
“Its excellence and professionalism have helped to secure agri-food exports worth €10.43bn in 2014.
“That success is underpinned by high calibre board members who, through their expertise and knowledge of the food, drinks and horticulture industry, enable Bord Bia to constantly extend its capacity”.
Chairman of the Board of Bord Bia, Michael Carey added: “We are delighted to welcome these appointments by the Minister, adding further expertise to an already highly committed board.
“The quality of discussion and decision making by this Board will be enhanced by the contributions of such high calibre individuals, working together to help build Ireland’s most important and most successful indigenous sector”.
(Lead image via Bord Bia)